Monday, October 27, 2008

You know what I don't like??

I read up on the article given to us in class regarding oil in Africa... AAAAnnnnnndddd my conclusion is..... That............ I DON'T LIKE IT. I just don't. There is this one part toward the back of packet (Cause that article was like extra long), that made me really reflect: "Was it possible-just possible-that the African oel boom didn't have to be a story with an unhappy ending?"

This is why it made me reflect; Cause it not possible. Not at all... For some reason, Africa is the shit. See, let me explain.....

Before anyone set foot in the country, there was word that Africa was a place of opportunity and awesomeness. They already had hype men!! When the Europeans finally felt bold enough to make that long haul, they found that Africa was all that was expected and then some. They also found that there were people there... Not just any old persons, but black people. Beautiful people. The Europeans were so jealous of them they decided to trick them and invade their lands and make them slaves. See, it all revolves around jealousy!! They were upset because they had all the resources for survival, and all the community stability to live in peace. The Europeans new nothing of peace; there was already supply and demand, guns, and wars there. The Africans way of living was wrong because they never tried it. The correlated intelligence with things that didn't matter or exist in Africa.

So there... I said it....... Yes, the Europeans were some haters. Discovering oil was just another raw material they could take and make an excuse on why they just can't leave them the hell alone. Its wack.

1 comment:

Kristin Tuinier said...

Interesting comments about the articles! I agree that it is another reason to stay in Africa or return to Africa, especially to exploit Africa because people are so greedy!