Saturday, December 13, 2008

AID is soooo Uncool

So, for my analysis paper, I decided to research more about aids in Africa. I knew it was an extremely common topic and one of the largest issues Africa is dealing with now. I thought that I learned alot, some of the things I was pretty much aware of, but alot of it came as a surprise to me. There was one website that I used alot; it helped me with almost every aspect of my paper, I want to put it in my blog so everyone else can check it out; AIDS In Africa.

One of the most interesting things I read was the link between the spreading of AIDS and the intelligents.See, based on a couple of websites, AIDS was usually spread between people of the richer, most educated classes. It was hard to believe, but its because of the stigma on condoms. They feel that AIDS isn't a disease you get from having sex, so condoms are sort of useless, and the cycle repeats itself. There are alot of things being done to stop the drastic spread of it, eveything is contributing to the cause, and now there are finally signs or reduction. But the amount of deaths are the same becuase of the amount of people that caught it before.

No comments: