Saturday, December 13, 2008

Johnny's a Mad Dog.. lol get it?

Johnny Mad Dog was creepy... I really liked it though. lol. It still blows me away when I think about those soldiers; some of them not even 15, as young as 7 or 8. At first, before, reading this book, I had absolutely no pity for the deaths of those young boys. I have had a change of heart. The novel was based on the life of one toy soldier, a sixteen year old boy who felt a conscious, but not really. They made him believe that with his gun, we was a man. His logic was corrupted; many of the things he did he tried to find a good reason for doing it, like rapping the reporter woman. He actually made himself believe she was enjoying it. Or shooting one of the reporter men because of some make believe story he created about him and ther reporter woman having sex. It was all just a big ball of creepyness. I was relieved to know he died at the end, but it still gave me a chill to know that he wasn't the only one. There were thousands more like him. High, violent, and unstable. The story itself might have been fiction, but there are thousands of cases of boy soldiers tourturing people in Africa. It was surely a smack of reality for me.

No comments: